The Hertz Corporation Director Corporate Communications in Uxbridge, United Kingdom
Do you have 8 - 10 years of Internal Communications program development and management in a corporate, multi-national setting? Are you energised by championing a culture of communications and engagement? Do you get a buzz out of creating communications content for a variety of internal channels? If the answer is YES, then we have a fantastic opportunity for YOU!
Director, Corporate Communications, Hertz International, reporting to the Senior Director, Communications, Hertz International.
Develop and execute timely internal communications strategies and associated programs to drive employee understanding and engagement. The role will suit a dynamic and positive leader committed to fostering a pro-active communications culture that contributes to an energising and motivating employee experience. As well as launch internal programs and create exciting content, the Communications Director will provide communication consultancy and support to members of the senior management team in Europe/International.
The Communications Director is also a member of the global communications team, and contributes to the overall global communications and corporate responsibility strategy and deliverables.
What you'll do
· Leadership Communications: Drive culture of two-way communications. Own and develop the management cascade process and toolkits to ensure that leaders communicate with their teams in a timely and effective manner, and employees better understand their impact on the near- and long-term goals of the company.
· Shared Services Communications: Guide our shared service centers on communications planning, deliverables and execution.
· Communications Business Partnering: Provide communications counsel and content support for selected members of the Hertz Europe Senior Management team.
· Employee Engagement: Create events and opportunities to engage employees in fun and inspiring ways. Includes driving employee involvement and activities in alignment with the global CSR plan.
· Change communications: Lead change-related communications programs to inform and engage employees, such as technology transformation.
· Develop internal communications plans for major product launches or initiatives.
· Effectively lead communications around occasional crisis situations or reputational risks by working closely with stakeholders and providing authoritative strategies and execution.
· Write, edit and direct content for various communications channels.
· Assist in the communications function's operational imperatives including the departmental strategy, policy development, project reporting, performance standards, process improvement and optimisation.
· Serve as an International communications representative on cross-functional, company-wide initiatives.
What's in it for you
Career Development and Progression
Wide range of training and development courses available to all employees
Childcare voucher scheme
Car Rental discount including friends & family members
Cycle to work scheme
What you'll need
· Superlative writing, editing and presentation development skills. Includes ability to ghost write for executives and adapt writing style for diverse audiences and communications channels
· Ability to develop strategic communications plans for an international setting, and deliver results in fast changing business environments
· Ability to provide strategic communications counsel to spokespeople and senior leaders as well as coach leaders on becoming effective communicators
· Strong relationship builder with excellent influential, interpersonal and networking skills
· At ease managing and effectively operating with senior executives, and within a matrix organisation
· Ability to engage and deploy cross-functional resources to achieve communications objectives
· Strong analytical and critical thinking
· Effective use of various communications channels
· Ability to manage multiple assignments to strict deadlines within a highly demanding business environment
· Highly self-motivated and directed with an attention to detail and strong customer service focus
· Resourceful in overcoming obstacles and relentless in driving execution
The Hertz Corporation has an exciting portfolio of car rental brands – including Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly - as well as the fleet management company Donlen. We are one of the largest worldwide airport vehicle rental companies and the Hertz brand is one of the most recognized in the world.
We want our employees to feel inspired and empowered. Everyone is encouraged to contribute to building an atmosphere where people feel proud of where they work, what they do and how they contribute. Every employee has the chance to spearhead ground-breaking work in a fully collaborative environment, providing them a stimulating and enriching career experience.
Our mission is to be the preferred rental car company and you have the opportunity to help steer this mission. Get in touch today and APPLY NOW
Job ID 176451
# Positions 1
Category Public Affairs
Position Type Permanent Full-time